Etobicoke Real Estate About Jackie The Team Contact Jackie Selling in Etobicoke Buying in Etobicoke Testimonials Free Home Evaluation

HOME |  Contact Us: Email | Phone: 416-712-8840  

Selling Your Home: Documents You Will Need

real estate docsThe first formal step in marketing your property is to enter into a Listing Agreement - a contract that commits you with a Real Estate Professional (in most cases this agreement is with their broker) to actively market your home for a specified period of time. It also commits you to a pre-established marketing commission that is to be paid upon the successful closing of the sale.

You may also require the following documents:

Plan of Survey or Location Certificate
A Survey of your property which outlines the lot size and location of buildings as well as details of encroachments from neighbouring properties. This may be required in certain areas to complete the sale of your home. Your legal professional may recommend a survey, especially if significant changes have been made to your property.

Property Tax Receipts
Most Listing Agreements require that the current annual property tax assessments be shown.

Lawyer's Name and Address

Deed or Title Search
This document is a legal description of your property and the proof that you own it.

Utilities, other fees
In some instances, it may help the sale of your property if you can provide prospective buyers with information on such items as annual heating, electrical, and water expenses, as well as any recent home improvement costs. FOr condo sales, there are also condo fees, one time condo improvement fees, etc.